Friday, August 26, 2016

8 Easy Ways To Get Over Writer's Block




We have all been there. Every author goes through writer's block once in awhile. It might last for a day or two or sometimes even a few weeks. Now, there's nothing wrong in not wanting to write for sometime. Because writers, just like everyone else, need a break too. But, you might want to get back to it after awhile. So without further ado, Here are my '7 Easy Ways To Get Over Writer's Block'. They have always worked for me, hopefully they will for you too. 

1. Put your pen down and pick a book up

















When you can't write, read. It's as simple as that. Put your pen down (or leave your computer) and just bundle up with a bunch of books and read. Read. Read. And read. This works for me all the time. After a good read I am always inspired to write. 

2. Go for a walk


















Do some kind of outdoor activity. Walking works. You can try running too or yoga is a great way to distress. Just go outside. Taking your lovely pet along (If you have one) on a walk really helps. Whenever I can't write, I just take my golden retriever for a walk. He loves walks and my mood changes. So it's a win-win.

3. Don't stress too much about it




Worrying is the last thing you want to do. Hear me out. It's absolutely OKAY to not be able to write sometimes. You haven't lost your talent or skills. You are just taking a break from it all for sometime. 
Eventually, you will get back to it. 






4. Blast those headphones 


















Music is just the best thing ever. It is so soothing. Whenever you find yourself suffering from writer's block, just listen to music. Listen to all your favorite songs, your favorite genre, your favorite artist. Music really helps. It always does.  

5. Try Hiking


















This might depend from individual to individual. But hiking always works for me. Nature has that effect on me I guess. Writer's block? Hike. The scenic, raw beauty in nature will surely clam you down and you might as well get inspired to write. 

6. Find your inspiration


















I always find rains inspiring. Don't know why. They are just so beautiful. They always tend to make me happy. What you need to do is find your inspiration. What inspires you? No one knows that except for you. Find it. And don't let it go. 

7. Get out of that room


  

   












Get out of that room. Seriously. Meet up with your friends. Have a nice lunch, a few laughs and a good time. You will feel much better. Being surrounded by your loved ones makes you feel good and helps you feel good about yourself in turn. 

8. Find someone you can trust 


















Find someone you can trust your old work with and make them read it. Ask them to provide you with an honest opinion. Chances are that this will really help. It always helps me. Whenever I suffer from writer's block, I go straight to my sister. She always makes me feel good about my work. So find that person. You will feel much better. 






So those were my methods. Did you find this useful? Let me know in the comments down below. And subscribe and follow for more. 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment