Tuesday, August 23, 2016

7 Beautiful Underrated Songs that will be the Death of you



Music has always played a vital role in my life. It has always been there for me. It is always there when I am sad, happy, a bit out of my mind or crazy if you will. ALWAYS. No matter how great your day might have been, it just takes one sad song and all your memories just come rushing back to the surface. Most of us can relate to this. What I am trying to say here is music has that effect on us. There is this inexplicable thing about music. I can't even explain it. Music calms you down, it comforts you, soothes you and it makes you feel something unfathomable. 

FUN FACT : Music is one of the activities that stimulates, activates and uses your entire brain.  

So I love music, always have and always will. And there have been times when I fell in a love with an absolutely enchanting song but...it wasn't that appreciated or famous. Here are my 7 most favorite songs that are underrated sadly:
  

1. Yours - Ella Henderson




A song rich with feelings and the most beautiful lyrics ever. The soft background music perfectly compliments the artist's enthralling voice. The video itself is a treat. Definitely a must watch. A few of my favorite lines in the song -

And I would fight my strength to untape my mouth
When I used to be afraid of the words
But with you I’ve learnt just to let it out
Now my heart is ready to burst

2. When You Sleep - Mary Lambert




One foot in front of the other
Keep breathing just like they taught you

I could make you happy
I could make you love me
I could disappear completely

Studded with feelings, this song screams perfection. It's so beautiful, it takes my breathe away. Literally. Make sure to give it a listen. 

3. Once in a Lifetime - One Direction

 



 

This song is just heavenly. It's so good...it's so good that you will want to keep listening to it again and again. And when that happens, keep in mind that I did warn you, this song is highly ADDICTIVE. It calms you down. This raw beauty in it differentiates it from other One Direction songs. They have many good catchy songs, but this one stands out. 

Once in a lifetime
It's just right
We make no mistakes
Once in a lifetime
you were mine     

4. Invisible - 5 Seconds of Summer





I was already missing before the night I left
Just me and my shadow and all of my regrets
Who am I? Who am I when I don't know myself?
Who am I? Who am I?
Invisible

The lyrical beauty in this song never fails to fascinate me. And their voices just make it all even better. And wait till the end of the song because just when you thought it can't get any better, it does. 



5. Stones - Barbarossa 



 


I found this wonderful song thanks to How I Met Your Mother. So beautifully written and sung, it's just breathtaking. Just...wow. 

Stones that I
Carry around
Every stone's
A story
It weighs me down

6. Inside Of Love - Nada Surf

 


This was on the How I Met Your Mother song track list too. That show just has the best song track list ever. 

I wanna know what it's like
On the inside of love
I'm standing at the gates
I see the beauty above

I know the last page so well
I can't read the first
So I just don't start
It's getting worse

Those above lines say it all. This song is so beautiful, just listen to it. I have nothing else to say.
 

7. Fragile - Gnash ft. Wrenn



 

Gnash is best known for his song, I hate you, I love you. This song has this tenderness that just makes you want to close your eyes and just relax. 

I've got no one to hold me
Cause I, I turn them all away

I don't wanna be alone
But I'm better on my own
 
I know, sounds sad. But beautiful too right? 

So these were my favorite underrated songs that in a completely random order. I can't choose between them or rank them so...ya. Are any of these your favorite too? Let me know down below. And follow for more. 

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment