Monday, August 22, 2016

7 Reasons Why Books are the Best Thing Ever!



Why books are the best thing ever?







So, I write. A lot. To me, writing is like this compulsion. I just have to write. You now what I mean? I can't go a day without writing or reading something. I have been writing since a long time now. I am not an author but am not an amateur either. I am just a writer in love with the idea of expressing oneself with words. Words, I believe have this strong power over us. They can hurt you, they can make you fall in love, they can do anything. Seriously. And hence, it is said that we should choose our words wisely. 

But before I was a writer, I was reader. I still am and always will be. Here are 7 things that make books just the best thing in the world:

 

    1. Imagination

 




I was obsessed with fantasies and children's literature as a kid. Magic, Fairy-tales, Witches, Princesses, Vampires, Talking animals and whatnot fascinated me. My first book ever was the Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. I remember having conversations with a few talking animals as a kid myself, except that unlike Mowgli, my 'talking' animals were imaginary. What I am trying to say here is that the more books I read, the more my imagination grew wild. And the wilder your imagination, the better right?      

      

          2. Escape

 

 
  

Books are my escape. There has never been a time when I was feeling low and my favorite comedy novel failed to cheer me up. It's Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome if any of you are wondering. What I am saying is that sometimes I get so lost in a book that everything just fades. Books have taught me that sometimes, it's okay to just forget everything and live in the moment.
  

          3. Dreams

 

 



I am a dreamer. And I have crazy dreams. And someday, they will come true. You know where I got that from? Yes, you guessed it. Books! Books made me believe in things I would have dismissed as impossible if it wasn't for them. Whenever anyone of my favorite characters achieved something they chased after, I believed in myself a little bit more. It's okay to have dreams. 

       

         4. Inspiration

 

 


Books Inspire. There have been so many new things I have tried because of books. Things like guitar, sketching, hiking and so on. Books inspired me to try different things. And most importantly, books have inspired me to write. 

     

        5. Happiness

 



Books make me happy. They just do. I can't even express theses feelings in words. Whenever I start a new book I am just so... happy. In short, A cup of coffee + A good book + A rainy day = A happy me.

        

       6. Thinking Ability

 



Books make you ponder. They make you wonder, they make you question things, they make you passionate about certain stuff. They make you think. Books, in general, widen your boundaries. Your thinking abilities are sharpened by books. Numerous times, I have sat down after finishing a book and  have just thought. Researched. Learned something new. Some books have this strong impact on you, they just change your whole perspective. 

      

    7. Books ARE your best friend

 

 


I never feel alone if I have a good book in my hands. NEVER. They are your best friends. So are dogs but let's just talk about books here. I feel so content when I read. Who wants to have friends when you can have books? Not me. Just kidding!

So, those were my reasons to love books. There are many more, I assure you but if I keep listing them out, chances are that you will abandon my post because it might as well be as long as a novel. If you are a reader like me you can totally relate to this. And if you don't read much, I suggest that you give books a try. They are awesome, don't you see? 

Let me know why you love books in the comments down below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment